These ships are being introduced for the 2014 season and are being built exclusively to sail Portugal’s Douro River, offering state-of-the-art engineering, an innovative corridor configuration, deluxe accommodations and Viking’s signature Scandinavian décor. With more ways to personalize your trip, you can choose from a variety of stateroom classes, onboard entertainment options and ship locations where you can enjoy sailing through the scenery, all the while enriching your time in some of Portugal and Spain’s most remarkable destinations.
Veranda Suites have two full rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom. Enjoy the indoor-outdoor Aquavit Terrace at the bow of the ship, or relax on the Sun Deck. These ships, which also have a swimming pool, solar panels and an organic herb garden, were named to honor prominent members of the Norse pantheon. Each ship carries 106 guests in comfortable, understated elegance, with hotel-style beds and amenities like 40-inch flat-panel TVs with an infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, FOX, National Geographic and more.
- 53 comfortable outside staterooms (11 Veranda Suites, 24 Veranda Staterooms, 2 French Balcony Staterooms, 16 Standard Staterooms)
- The Veranda Suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views, a shaded sitting area and al fresco dining area; swimming pool, organic herb garden, solar panels & putting green
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship
- Observation lounge & bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom